Google Hangouts vs GoToMeetingTHIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
It is latest online meeting feature from Google. It’s extremely user-friendly and fun to use. Only requires a plug-in installation for the first time and then users can start using it. Each session holds up to 10 people using video.
– It’s not a business-specific tool unlike GoToMeeting, Microsoft Lync and Webex.
– Audio quality and video streaming, although stalled sometimes, worked well during testing.
– Presentation features: Users can’t share presentations but have to have to upload presentations them YouTube in order to share with participants.
– Collaboration features: It lost its point here as it isn’t as accessible towards other tools. Compared to it, GoToMeeting annotation tools gives clarity to your presentation.
– No native mobile applications, at time of this review.
GoToMeeting allows you to meet, present and collaborate with up to 25 people – so as to increase work productivity. Users can participate in meetings from their desktops, iPhone/iPad or Android devices.
– Usability: Best reliability along-with fastest performance. Supports both PC and Mac
– Audio and video performances were solid. There were no disruptions at all.
– Presentation features: Great presentation features especially when on Windows machines.
– Collaboration features: It’s again our top pick in collaboration category. The annotation tools give clarity to the presentation.
– Mobile features: Attend meeting from any iPad, iPhone, or Android device, however, the mobile clients are somewhat limited. GoToMeeting has said more features are coming soon.
Compare Online Meeting Software
|Online Meeting Service||Google Hangouts||GoToMeeting|
|Pricing||Free to use||$49 First Month Free|
|Call Quality and Features|
|Video Quality and Features|
|Free Trial||Free to use||30 Days Free|
|Standard Meeting Capacity||10 users with video||15 attendees|
|Meeting Recording||Windows Media|
|Google Hangouts Review||GoToMeeting Review|